Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Karo Lite Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars

During the holidays I make a boatload of pecan tarts. If I make them and take them to work, or they are left at the house, they are quickly devoured.  It's one of the staples in my holiday baking.

When I saw Karo had a recipe for Lite Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars, I figured I had to try it.  It contains chocolate (another one of my favorite things) and pecans and I was curious how the lite Karo syrup would be.

I whipped these up for dessert yesterday and I was surprised that they weren't overly sweet, despite having a cup and a half of sugar and the lite Karo syrup in it.


The picture doesn't really do them justice.  The recipe says to let them cool for 2 hours and I just couldn't wait so I cut into them after about 45 minutes.  It also calls for a cup of chocolate chips and I had just about 3/4 c, so I'd recommend adding a full cup if your as big a chocolate fan as I am.

I'm going to make these again and TRY and wait the 2 hours to let them cool completely before cutting into them.  I think they'll be a nice change, and a lot less time consuming this Thanksgiving than making pecan tarts.





No comments:

Post a Comment