Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pillsbury Breakfast Quiche To-Go

I love a good breakfast, but during the week I don't have the time or the motivation to make anything.  My son, the broody teenager that he is, will make cereal if he feels like it but if he had his way, I'd be slaving over a hot stove every morning for him.

Since were up so early, trying to get ready for school and then sending the hubby off to work, I wanted something that was quick and easy that we could just grab in the morning, but that was a healthier option than a Toaster Strudel or Poptart.  That's where Pillsbury's Crescent Rolls came into the picture!

I found a recipe for Pillsbury's Breakfast Quiche To-Go on Allrecipes using Crescent Rolls and with some minor alterations, we had a delicious and fast breakfast!



The recipe calls for Garlic Butter Crescent Rolls, which I used, and they added a nice yet not overpowering garlic flavor to the quiche.  I used chopped spinach, added drained (but not marinated) artichoke hearts and instead of mozzarella cheese, I used swiss cheese.  I left out the onions because I am not a fan lol.

I will be using this recipe again in the future because there is so much opportunity to change things up a bit.  I'm thinking ham and swiss, broccoli and cheddar, you could add loose sausage or any variation of vegetables to this recipe and it would be really good.  I'm also going to make a batch using an egg-white substitute to see how those turn out as well.

There are so many options with this recipe, and because its so easy to whip up, I know I'll be making these again.  A lot.

I tend to have more spare time in the evening to cook so I'm thinking if I make a batch of these one night I can store them in a container (once cooled) and then just zap them in the microwave in the morning for a hot breakfast treat!

Find Pillsbury's Breakfast Quiche To-Go on Allrecipes.com


No comments:

Post a Comment