Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pillsbury Marmalade-Glazed Asian Meatball Cups

Tonight was one of those nights.  I had no idea what to make, although I had a few options, boneless-skinless chicken breasts or an oven-roasted chicken, but after having chicken last night, I sure wasn't feeling it tonight.

So instead, tonights dinner was Pillsbury Marmalade-Glazed Asian Meatball Cups made with a roll of Butter Flake Crescent Rolls.  Super easy and really tasty!

They're more of an appetizer, but with a side of rice and some oven-roasted asparagus, it made for a terrific meal!




These little cups of yumminess took no time at all to prepare, and who doesn't love quick and easy?  I know I sure do!  I had Crescent rolls in our fridge already and while I normally make my own meatballs, tonight I wasn't feeling up to it, so I used a bag of some store bought one's that I had in the freezer.  Mix up a few ingredients for the glaze - some marmalade, some plum sauce and a little chili sauce and heat it up in the microwave and your practically done.  

For the Crescent rolls, once you pop the tube (and why does that always scare me a little?) don't unroll it.  Just leave it on your cutting board as just a rolled tube of dough and then take your knife and score it so that you have 12 fairly equal slices of Crescent dough.  Then just slice the dough and set that aside for a minute.

Spray your regular sized muffin tins with Pam (or something similar) and then just drop one piece of dough into each cup.  Using your fingers, create an indentation in the center of the dough for your meatball to sit in and then spoon some of the glaze mixture over the meatball and sprinkle with sesame seeds.  

The recipe says to cook for 10-15 in a pre-heated oven at 375 but I found these were done in about 12 minutes.  Let them cool for a few minutes before removing from your muffin tins and you've got a pretty, quick and easy, and especially yummy appetizer that takes no time and very few ingredients.

I know I'll be making these again with the holiday season upon us!









No comments:

Post a Comment