Saturday, November 24, 2012

Swanson's Ultra Creamy Mashed Potatoes

One of this month's Allrecipes requirements was to make the Swanson's Ultra Creamy Mashed Potatoes.  Having never made mashed potatoes using chicken broth, I was a little leery about how they would taste.  I've always just boiled my potatoes in water then mashed them with butter, salt and pepper and milk (or cream if I had it) and they've almost always turned out well.

I followed the recipe as directed and I have to admit, they were really, really good.  The chicken broth flavor was not overwhelming at all and I used heavy cream instead of the light cream since that was all that I had in the fridge.


The potatoes were nice and fluffy, full of flavor, sorta decadent with the heavy cream and butter.  I can't say I'll make them this way every time, but if I happen to have Swanson's Chicken Broth in the cupboard, I'll be using that instead of water.

I'm thinking the next time I make these I'll try using the yukon gold potatoes and see how they turn out, instead of using our usual russet potatoes.

To try this recipe, click here to try Swanson's Ultra Creamy Mashed Potatoes.



No comments:

Post a Comment